Enquiry about Cakes and Shakes- MEQ

Original Email:

Dear Department,

There is currently a new shop being renovated, that is replacing the old Cakes and Shakes along Southgate Chase Side, N14.

I have not seen any documents relating to any new licensing and am wondering if there are new owners, and if they would require a new license.

Kind Regards, 

Cllr. Stephanos Ioannou


Dear Cllr Ioannou,

I write in relation to your enquiry about 71 Chase Side, Southgate (previously Cakes and Shakes). 

The premises is showing as closed on our system.  The premises does have a licence (for late night refreshment and recorded music) but it was suspended in 2012 as the premises licence holder did not pay the annual licence fee.  They were no longer using the licence but did not formally surrender the licence.  If the new occupiers wants to use the licence they would need to pay the annual fee for every year since 2012 then transfer the licence to their name.  Given the cost involved and the fact that the internal layout is likely to have changed and a new plan would need to be attached to the licence via a licence variation application it would probably be best for the new occupier to apply for a new premises licence in their name.  No such licence applications have been submitted to date. 

Officers will visit and see what the premises is going to be and will advise accordingly if they wish to provide any licensable activities.

Kind Regards


Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.