I want to make you all aware of the latest situation with regards mass testing for coronavirus in Enfield and to inform you of our progress to date.
Enfield Council has now established six sites for testing with further sites planned for opening in the weeks to come These sites are at:
- Brigadier Hall, Cedar Road, EN2 ONL
- Kemp Hall, 46 Kempe Road, EN1 4QS
- Klinger Hall, 41 Copperfield Mews, N18 1PF
- Southgate Library, High Street, N14 6BP
- Green Towers Community Centre, Plevna Road,
- John Wilkes House, 79 High Street, Ponders End, EN3 4EN
Our sites are open 9am to 6pm and there is no need to book or have symptoms to have a test, with one in three people with coronavirus showing no symptoms, we are encouraging everyone to be tested twice a week to ensure they are not spreading the virus inadvertently.
Residents who attend these testing sites receive their results within 30 minutes by text or email and we’d ask you to encourage residents to be tested on a regular basis as part of our strategy of reducing the prevalence of coronavirus in Enfield. We would urge residents to be tested twice a week and we are also encouraging residents to take their children to be tested ahead of schools reopening, given the government’s requirement to set up their own testing regimes.